Classes for personal enrichment
It’s never too early or too late to start learning. That’s why Pueblo Corporate College provides the region with affordable personal enrichment courses for all ages.
Pueblo Corporate College lifelong learning courses are designed to enlighten, engage and enrich your life. You can use this resource to develop or refresh skills or explore a new interest.
Programs for Adults
Our personal enrichment courses range from one-day seminars and workshops to semester-length courses. Topics include all kinds of interests – painting and jewelry making, computer skills, cooking, languages, wellness, sports and fitness, tours, writing and more!
Explore programs for youth and teenagers that give children a productive activity and safe outlet for learning. Kids’ College offers options for boys and girls in grades 1 through 12.
The Fremont Campus Senior Mini College offers high-interest, cost-effective, short-term classes to senior citizens during the summer.
These programs are designed for adults 50+. Short-term classes are offered in areas including computers, retirement planning, music, history and science. All adults are welcome.
Cyber Security for Seniors
- Introduction to Security begins by explaining the challenge of information security and why it is important. It also introduces information security terminology, defines who the attackers are, and gives an overview of attacks and defenses.
- Personal Security examines attacks on passwords and the dangers of social engineering. It also covers identity theft and social networking risks and provides information about personal security defenses to protect users from attacks.
- Computer Security explores computer attacks that use different types of malware such as viruses, worms, Trojan horses and botnets. It includes information about how to protect a computer by managing patches, examining firewalls, installing anti-malware software and configuring personal firewalls. It also gives guidance on recovering from an attack.
- Internet Security provides an overview of how the internet works, the security risks that go along with using it, and how to use the Internet securely.
- Mobile Security examines attacks that come through wireless networks such as Wi-Fi and Bluetooth, along with attacks on mobile devices such as tablets, laptops and smartphones. It also explores how networks and devices can be secured.
- Privacy - Although it is important to understand the concepts behind security, nothing can beat real-world experience. To this end, each chapter provides several hands-on projects aimed at providing you with practical security software and hardware implementation experience. These projects use the Windows 10 operating system as well as software downloaded from the Internet.
Another option for personal enrichment is in the online format. Choose self-paced tutorials that start anytime and last a few hours or instructor-led courses that begin every month and last six weeks.
- Ed2go Online Courses & Gatlin Education Services are instructor-facilitated noncredit courses and career training programs with more than 300 topics to choose from. Learn from the comfort of your home or office any time of day.