What can I do with a degree in Respiratory Therapy?
Respiratory therapy specializes in the promotion of cardiopulmonary health and management. Respiratory therapists care for patients in all age groups, from premature infants to the elderly.
Where respiratory therapists work:
- Diagnostic laboratories
- Cardiopulmonary rehabilitation programs
- Home health
- Medical transport (air and ground)
- Physician offices
- Long-term care facilities
- Ventilator rehabilitation facilities
- Higher education
- Respiratory equipment sales and industry
- Research and development
- Pharmaceutical sales
- Management and leadership roles
- Emergency rooms
- Operating rooms
Career opportunities are excellent and salaries are highly competitive, according to the American Association for Respiratory Care.
Advancing your education with a Bachelor of Applied Science in Respiratory Therapy will provide opportunities which may include educator, administrator, researcher, consumer advocate, public health, health care manager and business, including sales and marketing.