Academic Advising

The Center for Academic Advising is available to help students create a coursework plan that enables them to succeed.

Every new degree- or certificate-seeking student should meet with an academic advisor frequently to ensure that they have current academic information and are making progress toward their educational goals.

New Students
Continuing Students
Undeclared Students
Success Coaches

New Students

For students to truly succeed at Pueblo Community College, all new readmitted and undeclared students enrolling in more than six credit hours who have not completed 15 credit hours must meet with an academic advisor prior to registering for classes. At an academic advising session, students can expect the academic advisor to:

  • Review program and test scores
  • Help students choose first semester classes
  • Assign a faculty advisor for guidance in future semesters
  • Discuss and understand academic goals and how they relate to career interests
  • Refer student to career exploration, clarification, and development, and to academic support services

The Center for Academic Advising is located in conjunction with the Enrollment Center. Students can come to the Go!Zone, for walk-in advising or call 549-3177 to set up an appointment with an academic advisor.

Continuing Students

Continuing students (generally students who have completed 15 or more credits) will have an assigned faculty advisor in the student’s program of study. The faculty advisor is familiar with the requirements of the student's program of study. The Center for Academic Advising will provide the student his or her faculty advisor contact information. Although continuing students should meet with their faculty advisor, the Center for Academic Advising is charged with assisting continuing students when faculty advisors are not available. Advising is an ongoing process and students should consult regularly with their faculty advisor prior to registering for courses.

Undeclared Students

An undeclared student is one who has not declared a degree or program of study. Students who are not sure what program of study best suits their goals and ambitions can meet with a career counselor and be advised through the Center for Academic Advising until a program of study is selected.



Undeclared students are generally not eligible to receive financial aid

LINK Success Coaches

Did you know that Pueblo Community College has already surrounded you with link Success Coaches to help you achieve your goals during your academic journey? Link Success Coaches assist with:

  • Advocating for students with instructors and faculty
  • Connecting students to resources such as agencies that assist with overcoming challenges and barriers
  • Helping maintain financial eligibility
  • Getting through barriers
  • Support inside and outside of classroom
  • Academic planning.
  • Transferring to a four-year university
  • Navigating the college system and expectations
  • Career and professional development

Learn more about the Success Coaches by emailing


Call or Text:

Mon-Fri: 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.

Student Center - 2nd Floor

Appointments offered:

  • In-Person
  • Virtually
  • Chat
  • Phone
  • Email