USA Flag

Veterans' Services

PCC Welcomes Veterans, Current Military, and Dependents

We welcome you to Pueblo Community College where your service is recognized and appreciated. Most importantly, we want to thank you for your service to our country and the sacrifices you have made, and continue to make, to ensure our freedom and way of life.

Getting Started
Applying for VA Benefits
Veterans Assistance

Getting Started at PCC - Veterans

Apply for Admission.
You can come to any of our campuses to complete the admission process or you can complete the process online.
Apply for the College Opportunity Fund.
The State of Colorado will pay a portion of each eligible undergraduate student’s tuition. Apply for COF online.
Apply for Financial Aid.
Your FAFSA application determines your eligibility for low- or no-interest student loans as well as state and other federal grants. Apply for FAFSA online.
Compile all transcripts from previous colleges and any military training that can be evaluated for transfer credit and send them to the PCC Records OfficeHand carried transcripts are not accepted.
Take the Pre-Assessment test.
This is a quick evaluation of your basic skills that helps your advisor, and you, know where your college education should start.
Consult with an academic advisor and register for classes.
Consult with Veterans Upward Bound (VUB) – telephone 719-549-3077.
Contact the VA Certifying Official at 719-549-3013.
Email your schedule to or bring it to the Go! Zone.
Visit for up-to-date information on this and other education benefits.

Got Questions? Contact the PCC Admissions Office at 719-549-3013.

Applying for VA Benefits

While you are the only person who can choose which program meets your needs, the VA has developed a step-by-step process that may help you compare the different education programs and decide which is best for you.

VA Education Benefit Chapters

For all the below VA benefit chapters, please provide a Certificate of Eligibility and a copy of your class schedule to the school’s Veteran’s Certifying Official.

Chapter 33: Post 9/11

  • Apply using VA Form 22-1990.

Chapter 30: Montgomery GI Bill®

  • Apply using VA Form 22-1990.

Chapter 35: Survivors’ and Dependents’ Educational Assistance Program (DEA)

Chapter 31: Vocational Rehabilitation Program

  • Consult with your local Community Veteran’s Service Officer.
  • This chapter is for veterans who are disabled and are receiving benefits through Vocational Rehabilitation, Department of Veterans Affairs.
  • Your Chapter 31 counselor needs to notify the PCC VA certifying official once you have been awarded the benefit.

Chapter 1606: Montgomery GI Bill® - Selected Reserve Educational Assistance Program

  • Apply using VA Form 22-1990, supply NOBE.

Chapter 33: Transfer of Benefits

Veterans Benefits and Transition Act of 2018

  • GI Bill® students will not be penalized or prohibited from attending or participating in courses while awaiting VA payment (for up to 90 days from the date the beneficiary provides a certificate of eligibility, or valid VAF 28-1905) as required by Section 103.

Veterans Assistance

Below are web-sites and phone numbers that provide additional information on Veterans assistance:

Center for Women Veterans

Department of Veterans Affairs Home Page

Directory of Veterans Service Organizations

Homeless Veterans

Pueblo County Veterans Services
2631 E. 4th St.; Pueblo, CO 81001
Phone: 719.583.4544

Fremont County Veterans Services
615 Macon Ave., Room LL8; Cañon City, CO 81212
Phone: 719.276.7400

Montezuma County Veterans Services
107 N Chestnut St.; Cortez, CO 81321
Phone: 970.565.7155

La Plata County Veterans Services
1970 E. 3rd Ave.; Durango, CO 81301
Phone: 970.759.0117

Colorado National Guard State Tuition Assistance
Phone: 720.250.1550

American Council on Education Registry Transcript System (AARTS)

Marine American Council on Education Registry Transcript (SMART)

Visit the Student Veteran Lounge

The Student Veteran Lounge at Pueblo Community College serves as a location on the Pueblo campus for the PCC military community to mentor and motivate one another, gather for camaraderie, and assist each other with Veteran related issues or concerns. Veterans can stop by and visit with Veterans Upward Bound, work on homework, or have a cup of complimentary coffee in between classes. The Veteran Lounge can be reached at 719-549-3077 and is open from 9am – 4pm Monday through Friday. 

Veterans' Lounge located on the Pueblo Campus


Admissions & Records, VA Desk
Open Mon-Fri: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Pueblo Campus: 719-549-3200
Mancos Campus: 970-564-6200
Durango Campus: 970-385-2000
Fremont Campus: 719-296-6100

To get VA-related information,

VA Certifying Official: 719-549-3013
Toll-Free: 1-888-642-6017 Ext. 3013

PCC Disability Services: 719-549-3446.,
TTY 719-549-3446

Veterans Upward Bound: 719-549-3077

GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government Web site at