Your Associate of Arts degree with a designation in Art History will prepare you to transfer as a junior to a four-year school in Colorado in order to complete a Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Fine Arts degree in Art or Art History.
Your degree will transfer to the following Colorado public universities for completion of the specified bachelor’s degree:
- University of Colorado-Boulder (Bachelor of Arts – Art History)
- University of Colorado-Denver (BA – Fine Arts, Art History emphasis)
- University of Colorado-Colorado Springs (BA – Visual and Performing Arts, Art History option)
- Colorado Mesa University (Bachelor of Fine Arts – Art, Art History concentration)
- Colorado State University-Fort Collins (BA – Art, Art History concentration)
- Metropolitan State University of Denver (BA – Art History, Theory and Criticism)
- University of Northern Colorado (BA – Art and Design, Art History emphasis)
- Western State Colorado University (BA – Art, Art History and Theory emphasis)
What will I learn?
In PCC’s Art History program, our knowledgeable instructors will teach you about the way art objects have changed over time, including their style, design and materials. You’ll also explore the major art forms – including painting, sculpture and building design – as well as minor art forms such as furniture, ceramics and decorative objects.
Total credits: 60
General education – 31-32
Core curriculum – 18
Electives – 10-11 (Determined by transferring institution. Students planning to transfer to Colorado State University-Fort Collins will be required to complete a 200-level foreign language for completion of the BA in Art History.)