Completing your Associate of Science degree in Chemistry at PCC will allow you to take the same entry-level courses you’d study at a university. You’ll save thousands of dollars and enjoy the benefits of smaller class sizes and personalized attention from your instructors. When you graduate, you’ll be prepared to transfer as a junior to one of the following four-year schools in Colorado to complete your bachelor’s degree in these areas:
- University of Colorado-Boulder (Bachelor of Arts – Chemistry)
- University of Colorado-Denver (Bachelor of Science – Chemistry)
- University of Colorado-Colorado Springs (BA/BS – Chemistry)
- Adams State University (BS – Chemistry)
- Colorado Mesa University (BS – Chemistry)
- Colorado State University-Fort Collins (BS – Chemistry)
- Colorado State University-Pueblo (BS – Chemistry)
- Fort Lewis College (BS – Chemistry, Chemistry option)
- Metropolitan State University of Denver (BA/BS – Chemistry)
- University of Northern Colorado (BS – Chemistry, Biochemistry, Chemistry, Forensic Science, Industrial Chemistry and Pre-Health emphases)
- Western State Colorado University (BA – Chemistry, General Chemistry, Biochemistry emphases)
Note: The statewide transfer articulation agreement in Chemistry does not fulfill requirements for the Guaranteed Transfer (GT) Pathways general education curriculum or the Associate of Science degree prior to transfer; however, this agreement does guarantee a student, if admitted, junior standing and completion of the baccalaureate degree within an additional 60 semester hours at the receiving institution. See the academic catalog for more information.
What will I learn?
Chemistry is the study of the properties, structure, and change of matter. Students will explore atoms, chemical bonds and reactions, the way matter interacts, and the forces that give matter its properties. This program introduces the student to the discipline of Chemistry includes the courses needed to meet general education requirements that are common to all Colorado four-year institutions, as well a specific courses in various subfields of Chemistry.
Students from PCC who earn the AS degree with designation in Chemistry will be ready to transfer to a four-year school to complete the last half of a bachelor’s degree in Chemistry.