To make an appointment with an advisor for the BAS or to receive additional program information please contact:
Program Admissions Information
To be eligible for the Bachelor of Applied Science (BAS) in Dental Hygiene-Degree Completion Program, applicants will be evaluated based on their Dental Hygiene Degree GPA, Dental Hygiene Work Experience, Narrative Statement and completion of application materials listed below:
- Hold an active Dental Hygiene license in any U.S. state.
- Graduated from a regionally and CODA accredited Dental Hygiene school and be able to submit official transcripts demonstrating a satisfactory GPA of at least a 2.5 and submit transcripts from colleges to transfer general education courses. All required general education courses must be completed at a “C” level or better.
- Completed or enrolled in MAT 135 Introduction to Statistics or equivalent with a C level or better
- Be able to show proof of successful completion of the National Dental Hygiene Board Exam
- Be able to demonstrate current Healthcare Provider CPR card
- Prior to the start of the Capstone Project, students may be required to complete a drug screen and background check, and submit proof of required immunizations.
Students will be required to submit the following application materials:
- Dental Hygiene Program Application – follow link and Narrative Statement. Please note that late or handwritten applications will not be accepted
- Official transcripts must be received from each college or university attended with a satisfactory academic GPA of at least a 2.5. All required general education prerequisite courses must be completed at a “C” level or better.
- Copy of national board scores
- Copy of current dental hygiene license
- A copy of a Healthcare Provider CPR Card both front and back prior to capstone project is required
- Complete application for admission to Pueblo Community College.
Address to mail all application materials to:
Pueblo Community College
Dental Hygiene Program
900 West Orman Ave
Pueblo, CO 81004
* Please note that completing the application process does not serve as a statement of acceptance or admission to the program.
** PCC Online: pueblocc.edu/eLearning