The PCC Economics faculty and part-time instructors have more than 60 years of combined experience in the field of economics.
Completing your Associate of Arts degree in Economics at PCC will allow you to take the same entry-level courses you’d study at a university. You’ll save thousands of dollars and enjoy the benefits of smaller class sizes and personalized attention from your instructors. When you graduate, you’ll be prepared to transfer as a junior to one of the following four-year schools in Colorado to complete your bachelor’s degree in these areas:
- Adams State University (Bachelor of Science, Business Administration, Economics emphasis)
- Colorado State University-Fort Collins (Bachelor of Arts, Economics)
- Fort Lewis College (BA, Economics, Economics option)
- Metropolitan State University of Denver (BA, Economics)
- University of Colorado-Boulder (BA, Economics)
- University of Colorado-Colorado Springs (BA, Economics)
- University of Colorado-Denver (BA, Economics)
- University of Northern Colorado (BA, Economics)
- Western State Colorado University (BA, Economics)
What will I learn?
The AA degree with designation in Economics is designed for students who want to transfer to a four-year college or university to pursue a baccalaureate degree in economics. Completion of the AA degree completes the first two years of an economics bachelor’s degree and guarantees transfer at junior standing with no more than 60 remaining credits to meet the graduation requirements for a baccalaureate degree in economics.
Total credits: 60
General education core requirements – 37 credits
Additional required courses – 3 credits
Electives – 20 credits