To provide quality OTA education that prepares the student to be a member of the profession and the community that supports student learning over the course of a lifetime, and that prepares the learner to meet the needs of diverse populations in an ever changing healthcare and educational environment.
- The Occupational Therapy Assistant is a valued member of the OT profession who works under the supervision and in partnership with the Occupational Therapist.
- Graduates must be prepared to practice in a variety of settings with diverse populations.
- The learner brings to the educational setting a rich background of knowledge, culture, and experiences.
- Education is a lifelong experience.
- The learner is a capable individual who is responsible for his/her learning