Completing your Associate of Arts degree in Sociology at PCC will allow you to take the same entry-level courses you’d study at a university. You’ll save thousands of dollars and enjoy the benefits of smaller class sizes and personalized attention from your instructors.
When you graduate, you’ll be prepared to transfer as a junior to one of the following four-year schools in Colorado to complete your bachelor’s degree in these areas:
- Adams State University (Bachelor of Arts, Sociology; Criminology or Social Welfare emphasis)
- Colorado Mesa University (BA, Sociology; Sociology concentration)
- Colorado State University-Fort Collins (BA, Sociology; General Sociology concentration)
- Colorado State University-Pueblo (BA Sociology; Bachelor of Science, Sociology)
- Fort Lewis College (BA Sociology; Human Services-General option)
- Metropolitan State University of Denver (BA, Sociology)
- University of Colorado-Boulder (BA, Sociology)
- University of Colorado-Colorado Springs (BA, Sociology)
- University of Colorado-Denver (BA, Sociology)
- University of Northern Colorado (BA, Sociology; all emphasis)
- Western State Colorado University (BA, Sociology)
What will I learn?
Sociology is the study of human social behavior, including its organization and the way it has developed over time. It is a social science that explores human social groups, social problems and change. This program introduces you to Sociology and includes courses that are common to all four-year institutions in Colorado.