Tips for Success at Pueblo Community College
- Bring VA Award Letter to the VA Desk in Admissions & Records.
- Bring your class schedule to the VA Desk in Admissions & Records each semester or after any changes to your credit load and/or tuition. This is one of the most important tips to ensure your VA benefits arrive in a timely and consistent manner.
- Meet with an Academic Advisor to plan and register for classes.
- Complete annual Program Completion Plan with Academic Advisor. PCC requires all students utilizing GI Bill® benefit to meet with a VA Certifying Official. This will help you set your approved class registration and help guide you to completing your degree.
- Apply for Federal Financial Aid
- You are responsible for tuition, fees, and books, whether or not your VA benefit payments have started.
- Veterans who are receiving educational benefits at a half-time or greater rate may be eligible to receive tutorial assistance payment. Complete Form VA 22-1990 or call 1-888-442-4551.
- Veterans Attendance and Satisfactory Progress - If you do not attend regularly or make satisfactory, systematic progress toward an educational objective, you will have to repay the VA. If you are placed on academic suspension, the VA will discontinue your benefits for the duration of the suspension.