TRIO Upward Bound Program Activities and Services
Year Round Activities/Services
- Academic and career planning (ICAP)
- Providing assistance in the completion of Rigorous Secondary School Program of Study such as: AP, IB, Honors and Early College
- Academic Advising for all Upward Bound participants
- College and University campus tours- Familiarize participants with the colleges in Colorado and New Mexico (UNM & Highlands)
- Junior Board Member Mentor Program for Juniors and Seniors- Summer paid internship, work experience, and community service opportunities
- Cultural Enrichment Activities- Social and educational activities
- Community Service Projects- Enhancing students civic responsibility and providing hands-on community awareness experience
- Stipends- Performance based incentive for participating in year round Upward Bound activities
School Year Activities/Services
- Individual and group tutoring- Assist participants with academic goals as well as ensuring high school and college graduation
- Monday night workshops- Consist of college preparation such as financial literacy, study skills, time management, test taking strategies, essay, resume, interviewing, and cover letter writing, etc.
- Annual Awards Banquet- Event serves as a culmination of the entire year’s activities, designed to recognize accomplishments of program participants in areas such as academics, leadership, and participation
- 6 week summer program highlighting science, humanities and career exploration for rising sophomores, juniors and seniors.
- Leadership Academy – Residential summer program off site for incoming seniors offering leadership and teambuilding activities and assistance in preparing for college admissions, financial aid and scholarship applications
- Summer Bridge – Graduating seniors have the option to attend the Summer Bridge Program at PCC directly following high school graduation for up to six (6) college credits of tuition and fees paid for by the TRIO Upward Bound Program.