Graduation / Commencement Information
Preparing for Graduation
To be considered a candidate for graduation, you must complete the following steps:
- Verify that your program is listed correctly as the program type and program on your Degree Check. If it is not correct, you must complete a Change of Major form available on myPCC Portal.
- Verify that Degree Check is at 100%. This will include:
- Verifying transfer and prior learning credit have been posted to your transcript (you may view your unofficial transcript on the Student tab of myPCC Portal).
- Verifying with your faculty advisor that previously requested course substitutions and/or waivers have been approved.
- Complete the online Graduation Planning Sheet.
- If your graduation planning paperwork is submitted after the deadline, census date of the semester you are applying for, we will place it in the next term’s graduation file.
- Once you have completed the Graduation Planning Sheet, it is YOUR responsibility to notify your faculty advisor immediately of any changes to your plan.
- To participate in PCC’s 2022 Graduation Ceremony, Graduation Planning Sheets need to be submitted by March 18, 2022.
- Check your student email for RSVP information. You must RSVP by April 1, 2022 in order to have your name appear in the commencement program.
You may complete your graduation requirements any time during a term; however, you should anticipate at least a six-to-eight week delay following the submission of final grades before we verify your graduation status, post it on your transcript, and mail your diploma. (You should check your unofficial transcripts prior to ordering transcripts to assure your degree/certificate and date of completion have been posted). The officially recognized graduation date posted on your transcript is the last day of the term as listed in the PCC Academic Calendar.
PCC holds its commencement ceremony once each year, at the end of the spring semester. You are eligible to participate in the commencement ceremony if you:
- Are a graduation candidate in a degree program
- Are a graduation candidate in a certificate program that requires, at a minimum, 16 semester credit hours
- Are a graduation candidate for the spring semester
- Graduated the preceding fall semester
- Will be graduating at the end of the following summer semester AND you applied for graduation by the Spring deadline
If you have any questions regarding your status as a candidate for graduation, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call the Records Office at 719-549-3085.