PCC Facebook PCC Instagram PCC Twitter PCC YouTube
  • Veterans' Services
  • PCC awarded Miliatry Friendly honor for 2018
  • Welcome Veterans, Current Military, and Dependents

    VA has worked with Congress to preserve GI Bill® benefits for impacted students during this difficult time. The President signed S.3503, which will give the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) the authority to continue GI Bill® payments uninterrupted in the event of national emergencies. The new law allows for VA to continue to pay benefits regardless of the fact that the program has changed from resident training to online training. Also, students will continue to receive the same monthly housing allowance payments that they received for resident training until 12/21/20, or until the school resumes normal operations. VA is working to immediately implement the new changes to ensure students continue to receive their education benefits. What should GI Bill® Students know? There is no action required from a student. VA has scheduled training sessions for next week with all VA approved schools to provide further guidance. We will work closely with schools to ensure enrollments are accurately certified and processed timely. We are committed to providing regular updates to our students and schools through the GI Bill® website, email campaigns and VBA’s official social media accounts.

    We welcome you to Pueblo Community College where your service is recognized and appreciated. Most importantly, we want to thank you for your service to our country and the sacrifices you have made, and continue to make, to ensure our freedom and way of life.

  • Getting Started

    Getting Started at PCC - Veterans

    Apply for Admission.
    You can come to any of our campuses to complete the admission process or you can complete the process online.

    Apply for the College Opportunity Fund.
    The State of Colorado will pay a portion of each eligible undergraduate student’s tuition. Apply for COF online.
    Apply for Financial Aid.
    Your FAFSA application determines your eligibility for low- or no-interest student loans as well as state and other federal grants. Apply for FAFSA online.
    Compile all transcripts from previous colleges and any military training that can be evaluated for transfer credit and send them to the PCC Records Office. Hand carried transcripts are not accepted.
    Take the Pre-Assessment test.
    This is a quick evaluation of your basic skills that helps your advisor, and you, know where your college education should start.
    Consult with an academic advisor and register for classes.
    Consult with Veterans Upward Bound (VUB) – telephone 719-549-3077.
    Contact the VA Certifying Official at 719-549-3013.
    Email your schedule to Veterans.pcc@pueblocc.edu or bring it to the Go! Zone.
    Visit www.gibill.va.gov for up-to-date information on this and other education benefits.

    Got Questions? Contact the PCC Admissions Office at 719-549-3013

    Applying for VA Benefits

    Applying for VA Benefits

    While you are the only person who can choose which program meets your needs, the VA has developed a step-by-step process that may help you compare the different education programs and decide which is best for you.

    VA Education Benefit Chapters

    For all the below VA benefit chapters, please provide a Certificate of Eligibility and a copy of your class schedule to the school’s Veteran’s Certifying Official.

    Chapter 33: Post 9/11

    • Apply using VA Form 22-1990.

    Chapter 30: Montgomery GI Bill®

    • Apply using VA Form 22-1990.

    Chapter 35: Survivors’ and Dependents’ Educational Assistance Program (DEA)

    Chapter 31: Vocational Rehabilitation Program

    • Consult with your local Community Veteran’s Service Officer.
    • This chapter is for veterans who are disabled and are receiving benefits through Vocational Rehabilitation, Department of Veterans Affairs.
    • Your Chapter 31 counselor needs to notify the PCC VA certifying official once you have been awarded the benefit.

    Chapter 1606: Montgomery GI Bill® - Selected Reserve Educational Assistance Program

    • Apply using VA Form 22-1990, supply NOBE.

    Chapter 33: Transfer of Benefits


    Veterans Benefits and Transition Act of 2018

    • GI Bill® students will not be penalized or prohibited from attending or participating in courses while awaiting VA payment (for up to 90 days from the date the beneficiary provides a certificate of eligibility, or valid VAF 28-1905) as required by Section 103.

    Veterans Assistance

    Veterans Assistance

    Below are web-sites and phone numbers that provide additional information on Veterans assistance:

    Center for Women Veterans

    Department of Veterans Affairs Home Page

    Directory of Veterans Service Organizations

    Homeless Veterans

    Pueblo County Veterans Services
    2631 E. 4th St.; Pueblo, CO 81001
    Phone: 719.583.4544

    Fremont County Veterans Services
    615 Macon Ave., Room LL8; Cañon City, CO 81212
    Phone: 719.276.7400

    Montezuma County Veterans Services
    107 N Chestnut St.; Cortez, CO 81321
    Phone: 970.565.7155

    La Plata County Veterans Services
    1970 E. 3rd Ave.; Durango, CO 81301
    Phone: 970.759.0117

    Colorado National Guard State Tuition Assistance
    Phone: 720.250.1550

    American Council on Education Registry Transcript System (AARTS)

    Marine American Council on Education Registry Transcript (SMART)

  • Visit the new Student Veteran Lounge

    The Student Veteran Lounge at Pueblo Community College serves as a location on the Pueblo campus for the PCC military community to mentor and motivate one another, gather for camaraderie, and assist each other with Veteran related issues or concerns. Veterans can stop by and visit with Veterans Upward Bound, work on homework, or have a cup of complimentary coffee in between classes. The Veteran Lounge can be reached at 719-549-3077 and is open from 9am – 4pm Monday through Friday. 

    Veteran Lounge